2010-02-08

Concert

Just came home from the concert with Lyle Lovett and John Hiatt at Cirkus. A seemingly simple setup, the two men with their guitars on stage, but they played for almost two and a half hours, taking turns and and chatting between numbers, mostly about John Hiatt’s troubled life—Lovett kept carefully mum about any personal details. Low-key sit-down comedy, if you will. I wasn't entirely happy with the audio balance, both guitars tended to drown the singing. I was also rather annoyed with the incontinent audience that kept running out to the loos (or something) all through the show.

Then, about two-thirds in, Lovett performed a perfectly transparent version of North Dakota and as I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures.

After the obligatory encore, the show was over and the crowd was ejected into the winter night to try to get back to the city centre, we finally got on the third bus to stop.



Update: Nils Hansson’s review.

1 comment:

Martin said...

as I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures.

Everyone smiles as you drift past the flowers that grow so incredibly high.