2008-05-19

Shameless speculation

There's a new “lifestyle” magazine out. It's about travel to faraway countries, expensive cars, fancy clothes and whatever other luxury items you can imagine (or not). But, since they tack on the wordlet eco every few sentences it means they are “environmentally conscious without boring pointers”. I think I should bring my own boring pointer and give the editor a good hiding! How can encouraging luxury consumption ever be environmentally responsible!? But of course, it's all about appealing to a customer base that feels vaguely uneasy about this climate thing and thinks they should probably do something, as long as it does not mean sacrificing anything.

I'm not faultless, but at least I feel guilty about it…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Indeed. However we COULD start sacrificing things. For real. Like black bulls and sheep and so on. Who knows, it might even work?